Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In Working Order

Finals week is brutal. It has been quite some time since I've had to get through a finals week and I've forgotten what its all about. And on top of that, I don't think I've ever taken school so seriously, so I didn't care how finals went anyways. Needless to say, I got to the end of the week feeling broken. I felt so broken and out of sorts that I wasn't even relieved to be done...how crazy is that?

I got home today after my last final and took a nap because I haven't slept very much in the past few days and woke up still feeling rather crummy. My friend talked me into go out to the gym and I decided to run around the track for a bit. I was itching to let loose on the trails tonight, but its dark and I would be by myself, and that's just not safe. So anyways, out on the track. It was dark and cool and slightly misty and perfect. This un-runner, is for sure a running girl. I don't know why I always forget in those moments of broken down yucky-ness that I always find my brain and my heart and my soul outside pounding out step after step. I am back in working order. Running fixes me and I love it. It brings peace and clarity and joy.

Run on.

No comments:

Post a Comment