Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wicked

So things around here have been difficult lately. In a heart wrenching why is this world so broken and how are people SO wicked sort of way. About a month ago, a freshman boy went missing for several days and was found dead in the water just not too far from campus. It was very disturbing. Campus has tightened up and people are looking out for each other and remaining close. It is quite beautiful actually. But, just this evening a girl was assaulted with a gun on the trail that I take to get to and from school daily. I found out that this happened a couple hours before I was to go home. That is scary. Two men with a gun attacked this girl and they were not caught. This is the BEAUTIFUL trail that I have told many of you about. I know that Jesus was there with that girl holding her hand and I pray that she felt it. He is holding her heart as she heals tonight, I know it. I truly believe that trail is His sanctuary. Nobody but Jesus creates beauty like that and nobody but Satan and his most wicked defile it they way it has been. It makes me angry and scared and sad. I am boiling inside and ready to fight. I LOVE to run that trail as do SO many people in this community. It is one of my most favorite parts about the people here, they are so friendly and outdoorsy and trusting and all about being green. So many people would rather bike or walk, on this trail, because it helps to preserve the incredible nature that we all enjoy. Wickedness is ruining it. Please pray for healing and redemption of this town and of this trail. Jesus has authority here. Jesus loves this place. He will win. He will conquer. He has authority here. He has authority here.

In the mean time, I will need to find a new running plan. Hello treadmill....I will learn to deal with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment