Friday, September 17, 2010

Running from the West Coast

Okay friends.
I have successfully (i hope) relocated to the Pacific Northwest!
and I am officially a converted trail runner. I took more days off from running than I would have liked...but running while on the road was just not practical. Plus, I picked up a nasty bug along the way that made it even more difficult.

So here I am in my new home and I've found the most terrific trail RIGHT BEHIND MY APARTMENT. I knew the trail was there before I moved in, but I didn't know just how awesome it was. The weather is great...though I know I'll have some new challenges as the winter approaches, I'll enjoy it while it's here. 60's-70's couldn't be better. I can build up a bit of a sweat..but I'm not DRIPPING. There are awesome ups and downs and curves on the trail that you just don't get on the road. And the TREES. Oh my goodness the trees. This place is the greenest place I have ever seen. The trees are huge. Some are starting to change colors (...so this is what that word "fall" means...hmm) but many of them are evergreens and just beautiful and shady. You pass parks and gardens and lots of other runners. I love it!

Trails of Washington. Here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment