Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sweat

I am baffled.
Where exactly does all of this sweat come from? I mean, I know that I spend all day trying to get down enough water so that post run, post sweat pour, I won't be too dehydrated. So that I can sweat more efficiently, but still. I feel like if our skin is porous enough to allow as much sweat as I do, how am I not leaking water ALL the time? Maybe this is silly. Maybe I shouldn't admit that this confuses me, but it does. I am continually amazed by just how much sweat I can produce on one single run. The sun wasn't even fully out...

Anyways. This is the start of week 2 of training and we're starting to increase mileage this week. Today was just a quarter mile increase, not too bad. but here's something I've learned. Running is hard. Every time. A mile, 2 miles, or 4, My head still has to be in the right place and ready to fight to the end. every time. I think the difference is not ease, but confidence. When I run 4 miles, I am confident that I can run 2. Not that it's easy, but I know I can do it. hmm. interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment