Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sister and Snow



My sister is here in WA for a visit and it is so much fun! We went up Mt. Baker yesterday and today to stretch our snowboarding legs and play in the snow. Guess what? Snowboarding is a sport made for barefootish runners! Can you say killer calves? I don't think it gets my heart rate up quite as high as running, but I've decided that it is a MUCH better workout to be a mediocre snowboarder than it is to be a skilled snowboarder :) I'm in luck! Plus, you get to laugh harder at the ridiculous falls. Yesterday, I fell with my head facing down the mountain and slid for a good 45 seconds without being able to stop. Never had that happen to me while running.... (thank goodness)

Still. As excited as I am about my sister and the snow, I can't wait to get back to FL see the rest of my family and log some serious miles in some incredible weather! Sunshine, I'm coming for ya...you better be out when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment